Sunday, October 18, 2009

When you reveal the real you...

You being the actual you or your band.

With TTFR I have preferred to stay in the background quietly working on the very un-cool stuff that helps the label run more efficiently. It isn't because I prefer the un-cool stuff, it's that I prefer the anonymity that it affords me. I could blame it on my personality, which is to not to attract all that much attention to myself or I could blame it on fear. I fear sounding stupid doing an interview or looking stupid in a magazine photo or on the television. Honestly, it is more of the latter rather than the former. I care too much of what people think of me and have since I was a child.

Blogging is a way to reveal the real you. It is the perfect medium to reveal what makes you the person or you the band who you really are. In an effort to be honest with whoever reads this blog, I want to be clear that it isn't Sean, CEO of TTFR. It is Sidney, President of TTFR and this blog is a mostly true account of what makes "The World's Only Military Record Label" tick on a day to day basis. Read on.

1 comment:

  1. I think society has put such an emphasis on looking and sounding "perfect" that a lot of people don't want to make a mistake and are thus hesitant to put themselves out there.

    As artists though, you can't do that because putting yourself out there is critical.

    In order to gain fans, you have to open yourself and your creativity up to the world and let them in. Some people will hate it and some will love it. That is why you can't care about the people that hate your music. Just like you can't care about people that hate your writing or anything else you do. Do it for yourself and make only yourself happy. If you do that, you will always remain happy not caring about what others think.

    However, if you just so happen to make music for yourself and millions of others like what you like, well shit, you'll be rich! If not, you'll at least be happy!

    Either way, life is too short to give a shit what others think about you. Let them live their own lives while you continue to rock out with your creative cock out.

    ReplyDelete