Monday, October 12, 2009

The Skeptic and The Dreamer

On this journey of entrepreneurship, I am convinced that TTFR is still around because Sean is the Dreamer and I am the Skeptic. In his opinion I am 'the biggest skeptic...ever.' In my opinion, he needs to get his 'head out of the clouds.' On this we can agree. We are both totally different when it comes to business and our outlook on life in general. At my kitchen table in November 2007 the two of us could not envision another day of working for someone else nor could we let the military artists who submitted their original music to us go unheard and unrecognized. At that time, TTFR was born. We had no clue about the music business. Our enthusiasm and focus kept us moving forward when roadblocks were many and dollars were few. If we were two dreamers, we would have crashed and burned the first six months. If we were two skeptics, we would have happened upon one too many roadblocks and pursued a different path. Instead, I think we are the mostly perfect combination of dreamer and skeptic that has allowed this little military- focused label to survive and get our music out to the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment