Thursday, October 29, 2009

More sordid tales from TTFR

When starting TTFR, Sean and I visited a SCORE counselor in Newport, Rhode Island. Our counselor had an office in the basement of an old Victorian home. It was December, pitch dark, and we had to walk around the back of the house to knock on the pseudo-office door. As we approached the door, I looked down and saw a work-room to the left where an older man was peeing in the sink facing me. That's right, I said peeing. He, as we later found out, was the owner of the house and he obviously didn't want to go upstairs to use the toilet. Fair enough, it was his house after-all.

Anyway, a few awkward moments later he comes to answer the door and all I can think is, "Was he really peeing in the sink?" Honestly, I remember nothing of what our counselor said that night. I only remember feeling caught off-guard and a little bit like a Peeping Tom.

TTFR does not have media come to our pseudo-office. This is the only way to ensure that no one at the label is caught with their proverbial pants down. We want TTFR to be remembered as a powerhouse of military music as opposed to an outhouse.

2 comments:

  1. We actually were caught between continuing to go towards the door...which was right next to him...or turning around and running back to the car and then trying again, like we didn't see anything. However, we were not sure if he caught us. I honestly felt like I was 10 and not doing what I was supposed to be doing!

    I couldn't stop laughing each time he came downstairs to share his Vietnam stories. I would try not to look at Sidney because I was afraid we were going to lose it!

    ReplyDelete