Thursday, October 15, 2009

The Anti-Rainmaker

A rainmaker IMO is a person who brings money, customers or fans, and clout to whatever it is that you are doing. The anti-rainmaker is that person who costs you money, repels customers or fans and leaves you clout-less. They are the guilty party that pisses people off, shows up late or not at all, leaves you hanging at the most inconvenient times and overall brings nothing to the metaphorical table of your personal and/or business life.

I have to admit that I'm a pain in the ass when it comes to customer service. I don't want good service, I want great service. I want the person answering my questions to be the rainmaker in your company, whether they wait tables, take my blood pressure, manufacture CDs, or answer the phone. I want satisfaction, because I'm paying you for it. When I happen upon an anti-rainmaker I feel twinges of anxiety for the person, company or band they represent. I want to look-up the owner of the business or the band or the manager of the band and alert them to this force gone wrong. I wonder how many fans the band has lost or customers your business will never see again because of this one person.

Identify whose who in your business and personal life and let the anti-rainmakers reign somewhere else quickly.

1 comment: