Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Repugnant Marketability

While driving back and forth to WRAMC in preparation for my son's surgery, I happened upon a business named, Quickie Beckie's. Quickie Beckie's takes care of kids. That is one of the worst names I have ever heard! I was intrigued as to how anyone could think "Quickie" could be an appropriate moniker for anything other than a fast food joint or somewhere you get a happy-ending and I don't mean the dessert at Friendly's.

Quickie Beckie's might be a decent name for a band, but a childcare program?

We have gotten music submissions from some crazy-named bands. The one that takes the cake for me, which could have had the BEST sound in the whole world, but I could not get past their awful name, was "Drunken Fetus." I couldn't find the humor in the choice nor did their image match who I thought they were as musicians. I found it to be repugnant and therefore not marketable. Choose your band's name wisely. Whether you like it or not, you will be judged on that choice often before anyone even hears your sound.

1 comment:

  1. The average I.Q. in America is said to be 100. Some people, businesses and bands are exceptionally good at being average.

    ReplyDelete